PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visiting the UK
Thread: Visiting the UK
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 19:32
SOTV
Wotmesir?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, slightly tongue in cheek.... but will you have to go to the British Embassy in the USA and be interviewed for several hours, provide a full family history going back at least three generations, as well as finger prints etc etc not to mention getting a visa of some description before we allow you, a citizen of one of our greatest allies to come here and fly a thirty year old spam can?
Dont forget, if you have a 31yr old conviction for careless driving but a flawless record since you will have to apply to the convicting court for a memorandum which they can not find because of the time gap, then pay for an appointment with the embassy in London for a 10am interview which means a 600 mile round trip and a night in a London hotel only for the interviewer to ask why I declared such a minor conviction (it tells me to on the website) and then grant the visa anyway. Cost me more than the proposed return air fare to Florida. I hired in Spain instead.

Anyway, welcome. You could do worse than take a leisurely couple of hours train ride through the beautiful Chiltern Hills to Stratford-Upon-Avon and take a taxi to Wellesbourne airport. Prices ain't bad, good unrestricted airspace to the south and west and it ain't in the London area so the beer is good as well.