PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviance and Aviance LGW (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 18:55
tristar500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redcap69

I managed to rack up 10 years with BA and yes, we were all professional until the very last day, but I do think BA have imposed such impossible tasks in the regions, all of which we never had to follow through whilst at BA ie doors closed policy, TRC walkaround checks etc etc... At BA if we took a delay then... we erm... took a delay. Now, its all hell to pay for for as little as 1 minute! Targets constantly. If its not doors closed, its excess baggage or self-service or some other new fancy target that suddenly appeares in the 'ever expanding and mysteriously never-ending ''Service Level Agreement'' document'...

BA starved the regions over the past 5 years or so. NO investment, and NO second look. LHR was the B all and end all.

MAN may well have run like a Swiss watch, but let me tell you that, from experience a certain station north of the border did not, due to inept management and total lack of directional control, which in the end made it easier for the monkeys at Waterworld to weild the axe.

What is now happening is that Aviance are doing the job cheaper and more efficiently than BA could have done - whether you like it or not, thats the reason BA pulled the plug... When you drop the pay rates, cut all staff travel, remove the BA uniform, it really begins to show.