PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA-PPL then Hour building in the USA
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 14:20
EIPCW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Epicw, this is the first I have heard of a temporary PPL issued while they process my validation application, could you give any more info on this? Not having to do a conversion would be a great help and save some money
Xorthis

Once you have received your JAA PPL you can apply for your FAA PPL by simply filling in a "verification of authenticity form" and posting it off to the CAA with a small fee of course (FAA do the work, CAA get the dosh ). The CAA will then process this and forward all relavent info to FAA which will take max a couple of weeks.

You are correct in saying that it will take FAA up to 90 days to process all info and issue you with licence. However once you go in to the selected FAA office in which you have made the application you will be issued with a temporary FAA PPL in which it will allow you to fly in the US for 90 days.

I only did this myself a few months ago and the only delay I had was waiting for the CAA to forward all relative info to FAA. Just remember you will be waiting up to a month for the issue of your CAA PPL and then maybe a further 2 weeks for issue of your FAA, so if it's the States that you choose to do your PPL and hour building you will be grounded for up to 6 weeks in between.

Hope this helps, cheers

EIPCW