PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 09:44
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vlatkomk

We can all see where you're coming from and fully understand that the EK conditions must look like a bargain to you. Let's not forget however that earlier EK wanted to attract experienced pilots, LHS or RHS, mainly WB experience in their CV. With a few exeptions only bigger carriers provided such experience, so in order to reach these guys they had to set up similar T&Cs. With the need for more pilots and not enough trickling in, they lowered the requirements to get the numbers, therefore tapping into a pool who was not used to decent salaries. These might tend to regard the complaining EK pilots as whingers, but consider the above and you will see that the starting point is very different.

Just seize this opportunity right now, because i think with the downturn in global commercial aviation, there will again be a lot of more experiened pilots available! I believe EK will go for them, mainly because the higher training and failure rates the less experienced actually demonstrate mean higher cost.

Best luck