PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA-PPL then Hour building in the USA
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 08:44
Xorthis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

Key, I have to ask, why do you suggest that doing the hour building right after the PPL is a bad idea? It's what I have been recommended to do by Cabair who I am currently training with in the UK and gives me the option of starting the CPL right after completing the ATPLs (check out module 1 for their pathfinder training). All input is welcome, but some suggestions to alternatives or how I can improve my plan would be more useful. I'm still trying to discover all options open to me before money changes hands

I've considered travelling out there to complete the PPL, maybe do 25 hours extra just to see the sights, then coming back and getting on with the GS. After that going back out there after to finish the hour building then coming back for the CPL which gives me the time to validate my JAA-PPL with the FAA. Do you think that would be a better advised route? The main advantage I can see with this is it would enable me to get in a lot of practice right before starting the CPL and shaking off the lack of flying during Ground School (I will be keeping current however). The only disadvantage I can see is that it would cost me two plane tickets instead of one

Epicw, this is the first I have heard of a temporary PPL issued while they process my validation application, could you give any more info on this? Not having to do a conversion would be a great help and save some money

Last edited by Xorthis; 7th Jun 2008 at 08:55.