PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horse Breeder sues MOD over Jets
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 06:53
El Mirador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't read it all but raised eyebrows slightly especially at the alleged 'white spots' on the horses! Pretty common and possibly ...'bird catcher' spots..
That aside. I have been a yard manager to approx. 16 horses ranging from Arabs to Thoroughbreds and they all get used very rapidly to Jets and although not FJ's but with the occassional visitor, they were stabled on an active RAF station! Marham, Cottesmore, Coningsby all have riding schools or training yards within 2 miles of the runway....No problems. The yard near Marham has a flying programme passed (or used to) daily to it on request, no problems. I am married to RAF (my husband competes and rides) and I have a fair bit to do with horses. Husband has been in for 18 years riding for 13 of them and we have never ever experienced any problems with low flying jets....I do not deny she is having problems and would have to see all scenarios but really am inclined to (based on my own experience) say there is some compromise that could easily be reached without the need to set the precendent of sueing.