PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toll grits teeth as VB shares head south
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 04:53
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJCC Guy, I've been discussing this with colleagues for a while now, and I've yet to speak with anyone at the coalface who doesn't agree that the company needs to make up its mind, once and for all, whether it's going to continue as a LCC or make the full transition to a genuine business product - instead of trying to please everyone whilst ultimately satisfying no-one. The new comfy red chairs at the front of the cabin are a perfect example: In essence it's a great idea and could really work well, if not for the fact that no-one wants to pay a premium for the red seat when they still have to pay for the coffee and nibblies. What little advertising I've seen for it so far, is clearly trying to target the business traveller - but when all is said and done, it's not Premium Business but still Premium ECONOMY. Seriously, I mean would it really break the bank to offer premium guests free live-to-air, free drinks and a few other value add-ons?!? In that sense, it seems to have missed its mark. Nevertheless VB is much better positioned to tackle QF head-on with a genuinely viable alternative for the business traveller (i.e. the aforementioned red chairs, The Lounge, etc), if they'd just make a few tweaks and adjustments - and leave Jetstar/Tiger to cater for the thongs-&-singlet brigade. But hey, I'm just a dumbass driver, so what would I know!