PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horse Breeder sues MOD over Jets
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 03:40
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Quote: "I also remember receiving a letter at Brize from an estate agent asking if we could avoid flying over a certain grid reference at a specific time and date as he was going to show a rather large house to prospective buyers! "

And a pliot at Brize got ATC to declare visual circuits to the south in force while he showed prospective buyers round his house which was to the north of the airfield!

I come from an agricultural community. The practice of getting the MOD to stump up compensation is a well known moneymaker in the farming comunity as they rarely contest in court and nearly always cough up. I had a claim against me once. It had to be me as I was the only aircraft of that type in that area all day. The claim was for a horse which had allegedly bolted and injured itself when I flew over the farm. I got a visit from the plods and a grilling with all sorts of accusations being thrown around. However, the ATC video showed I was at 8000' above the farm in question. But the MOD still paid up.

10/10 for the farmer's aircraft recognition though!