PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horse Breeder sues MOD over Jets
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2008, 20:23
waterhorse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in reply to melchett
I hope the way in which you express yourself doesn't reflect the way you handle yourself in your professional life. A bit of tact would go a long way.
Forgive me if u think I'm being insensitive
Yes the RAF and armed services do a valuable job and I'm sure the woman in question appreciates that, if not she should. The guys on the ground and in the air deserve the best kit. and no lets not waste tax payers money with court action.
but I'm sure the woman in question felt she had no option and a bit of appreciation by the ministry of the deaf (sorry defence) would no doubt have avoided the situation.
Being a horse breeder isn't like training to be a dog walker
it takes a life long experience and skill that you possibly don't appreciate
and it is her job and no doubt provides her income - not everyone wants to join the armed services.
low flying and horses will always be an emotive area - but you can't expect people to stop riding or check when a jet might be passing over.
yes riders have to put up with occasional blasts by in the air or on the ground from motorists.
But they don't have to sit up and shut up all the time. As far as I remember we live in a democracy and unless Mugabe has taken over we can pursue our hobbies and have the right to expect a wee bit of consideration occasionally.
the sky is a big place and as planes can cover more ground than horses perhaps they could move over a bit. From memory I seem to recall that pilots can navigate their way in the dark - so it can't be that hard to be a bit neighbour friendly.
No doubt youll slag me - but sometimes things really can be resolved that easily.

Last edited by waterhorse; 6th Jun 2008 at 20:26. Reason: to add a bit