PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horse Breeder sues MOD over Jets
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2008, 19:50
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe a little blunter than normal, but it's been a long week. And quite frankly, whilst I could change the wording, the sentiment would be exactly the same so I won't. And I can guarantee that in being somewhat more blunt than usual, I am merely saying what many are thinking but are just too polite to articulate. And quite frankly, given the current op tempo and focus on providing kit and support to the various theatres which has already paired back the availability of training, I as a tax payer would prefer to see the forces of which I am also one, being able to train properly for the task required of them, without having to justify essential operational training activities to the NIMBY brigade.

She lives in the middle of the low flying system. She has to expect some aircraft activity. She states herself that the horses bolt at the slightest noise, so given the aircraft noise in the area, maybe bringing 11 highly strung thoroughbreds into the area isn't such a good idea. Just a thought

And how much is the MOD going to spend defending this case and/or paying her off that could go to making the lives of servicemen on a base/barracks that little bit more tolerable by doing delapidated buildings up, ensuring necessary kit is provisioned for?