PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CG formula anyone ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2008, 14:51
supernova.surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great explanation thanks , (ooh) the ball is back in my court ,hmm lemme see hope i get racket to ball at least ... here goes.......

(c) now clear that you are working not with a trimsheet but a (presumably) tabular system for doing the loading sums (which is all the normal trimsheet trimlines do) and then you transfer the total moments (IU) and weights to the envelope to check if the loading is OK

yes thats it , i have all the index units in tabular form on the manual loadsheet itself for each ULD(unit load device) position ,i.e. in effect the station . Had been instructed that the reference point(or trim datum which you explain it is) was created to enable/create -ve & +ve moments for easier calculations instead of -ve moments alone . The IU's i already have in tabular form like you had mentioned , my script only adds them up after given the weights(form inputs by user) for all the ULD positions(stations) . At the end of processing , i have my ZFW/TOW/LAW weights and their respective indices ready for use

Now, I presume that what you are looking to end up with is the IU equation for this loading system ? (If not, do describe your goal in a bit more detail).

yes so the goal is to transfer the weights and IU's i already have(automated) , transfered to the envelope ...so thats what i need ...a method to generate the CG Given the weights and IU's

i could graphically attempt to depict the graph provided i have a method to calculate the CG's by the script .....hope i'm clear