PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2008, 13:12
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]ANA's approach is a little more holistic, whereby they consider all aspects of your skill, ie your ability to learn the notes. A common mistake is to show up thinking that it is purely a manipulation exercise, it's not, it's your whole approach.

Now get the Dominican to tell you how tough training is...........................not (My Borat joke) [quote]

Best example is that my dumba$$ passed..................................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, don't sweat the evaluation just give them a sense that you are a well rounded pilot because this is all they want to see. As Meguro said, they are not going to burn you if you drop couple of hundred feet, lose 10 kts on the speed or make a wrong selection on the MCP and the thing starts to do something you didn't want it to do (like on my sim eval) now, if you just sit there with a "deer in the headlights" look to you and don't commit any aviating then you will fail. But if instead you disconnect the A/P while steering the aluminum tube to where you want it to go while at the same time using your PNF to correct the problem and engage the A/P again, barking orders like if they were going out of style (God forbid you show some freaking CRM during your interview) That is what they want to see, you are going to be interviewed by folks that have spent over half their lives flying and evaluating people they know they will NOT see perfection flying the contraption since in a lot of cases applicants haven't flown the 76 before but they want to see a PILOT at work AND they want to see your ability to learn their calls and procedures