PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jade Cargo
Thread: Jade Cargo
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2008, 05:23
skyryder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I was offered a Cruise Command position recently and I know a couple of items. They are still screening for pilots, as I have friends that were invited in both May and June. One could not make the June date and they asked to come in July. I suspect the DEC jobs are gone, as a result of the Oasis collapase, but who knows. I do know the recent wet lease to the Singapore cargo carrier will keep the 6th aircraft busy for at least a year and the Jade guys are flying it.
I have heard the fail rate at the screening is high, but don't have hard facts. I don't think some people take the physcological part very serious, and Jade puts a lot of stock in it.
I am still trying to get some answers about the rostering, etc. and will have to have them before I sign on.
My opinion about them is the current management team knows how to run a cargo airline and with the European backing it could turn out very well. Lufthansa Cargo is a big operator and can steer a lot of business their way as back haul into China. Another up side is you are working for them and not a contractor per se.
I am sure there are a lot of down sides, but will try to post what I find out along the way.