PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1989- Pilots dispute 19 years on
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2008, 04:03
fugitive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fugitive

At the end of the day,the result would have been the same.The people who owned the company were only there to do an Allan Bond(remember Bell Resources)
They took over an asset rich company,Ansett,tossed the boss Sir Reg out then sold off the farm.Ansett eventually went under with $3.6 billion debt.
They eventually flogged it off to Air New Zealand with all its debt;I wonder who they paid off to complete that deal?

The union appealed to Howardhe told them to bugger off,but then his agenda eventually became obvious years later.Contract labour,except for pollies of course.
He used the laws enacted by Hawke to use on the wharfies.What a larf,I remember them abusing us outside the ABC in Brisbane because we were demonstating against the bodgie.
Howard did the same to them years later using the Hawke labor Govt laws.Union bashing was always the way.Look at it today,executives paying themselves tens of millions of dollars while denying engineers a measly 4% increase in their award.

Dixon is using the claim to bring in scab labour and it is a labor Govt again that is allowing him to do it.
Dixon says he has to look after the shareholders,wot about the workers,they create the wealth.
By the way,he is probably p%$$#d off that that sale of QF fell thru and the loss of the big payouts to him and his fellow board members.
What happens to the staff in Cairns,will they be compensated by QF`s decision to close the base,I think not.

Good luck to all,unfortunately without a union,this is the Airline system today.