PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could I Land An Airliner?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 22:32
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I sat in a restaurant the other day and had to listen to the tw*t on the table behind me telling all and sundry in a loud voice that he could do an airline pilots job with no training because he was 1: a teacher and 2: could fly MS2000.He further added that no mere pilot could teach a class full of 16 yr olds.

After half an hour of this plus further misinformed comments "A non precision ILS" and "all 4 engines on the 777" I turned round and quietly informed him that he was talking complete bollo**s and was making a fool of himself. Hearty bellowing laughter and what did I know was I a pilot or something?.Yes said I. Silence. Filthy look from teachers Guardian reading wife.Much tittering from other tables.

Everyone thinks they can do it until they actually have to do it at night into JFK or HKG or Corfu. MS2000 not withstanding.Its not the same. An A320 is not a C152, and the ability to land a simulator with an experienced TRI sitting next to you does not an instant airline captain make , in my opinion of course, and hey what do I know? am I a pilot or something?