PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 17:46
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s61n,

As I'm sure you realise few companies publish their pay scales in the public domain. I'm sure anjo is just referring to the fact that if you work for CHC rhe pay scales are freely available and when they are reviewed are circulated for all to see. As I understand it, Bristow pay rates are a secret known to very few, carefully guarded and if anything is ever put on paper it's as stated, an eat before reading issue.

One of my friends there has just told me about their local allowance, which was circulated by people being called into offices to read a memo. They've still got it all wrong though because everyone gets something different exactly as before. All that's happened is that now a different group of people is disaffected With CHC everyone gets the same. With the exception of a very few ex-Schreiner guys on 'grandfather rights' who get a food allowance, everyone is provided with 3 meals a day and all found. With Bristow it depends which base you're on a what special deal you've managed to negotiate (wearing a blue apron and having a funny handshake is still supposed to be a great help ).

Engineers pay with CHC is much the same as that of pilots and in general is much better (except for engineers who have been with Bristow a long time. The only problem at present is that CHC have a few too many engineers and if they fail to get Agbami or Akpo that is unlikely to change. If Bristow gets its S92s in Nigeria they will have a greater shortage of engineers than they do now. I'm told that they fly all the aircraft based in Port Harcourt to other bases because they can't get enough engineers to work there as it's so unpopular