PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 16:58
Tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! Daily updates. Its an email I guess? Please, I can bang out a couple of sentence and email a whole load of people every day. Few minutes, under 5 I`d guess.

If they ever do get Silverjet airborne again do you really believe it will last. Google Braniff and see how many times thats started up. National Airlines in US.
Laker had this sort of thing to I believe. He restarted in the US and ran a short lived DC10 service from Florida to London.
The Silver is tarnished.

I worked for an airline which went bust at Luton. A skeleton staff were kept on ie AOC holders so the airline had some value to sell on. Rumours Virgin Express were interested, course they weren`t. A month later they were laid off. There were NO buyers airline closed. Wait till you see the assets.. the ex airline had a second hand banger of a car listed. And your get x pence in the £ possibly in a year or more the main creditors have been paid off.
I went off and worked in a supermarket in Harpenden for a couple of weeks, then manager in travel agent. It wasn`t for me but I had a go. I`m back as crew now on the best T&Cs and money in the UK.