PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1989- Pilots dispute 19 years on
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 13:18
Hoofharted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prior to August 1989, there was a real union in place that would have put a stop to such things before they got off the ground - to everyone's benefit (except the cheap foreign labour and the 'lower costs at any cost' management).
"to everyone's benefit" funny that. I recall being a new CPL at the time just starting to make my way in G.A when suddenly a stream of those who resigned from the "big end of town" came down to a rather large and established G.A operator and displaced those of us who had previously been receiving regular work. Ofcourse us youngsters were given the lecture about how being displaced was "to everyone's benefit", but somehow that didn't help with the loan repayments. And NO, I wasn't a scab, I chose to move overseas and try my luck there. So even after having been screwed by you I still supported your damned action.

So don't lecture me about having a selective memory because I remember all too well how it happened. It's just strange how the "poor me" brigade have a selective memory when it comes to recalling just how their own decisions screwed those of us just trying to get a toehold in the industry.

So now go ahead and heap sh1t on me if you must, it wont make much of a difference cause you already did that back in 89.