PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet
Thread: SilverJet
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 13:13
Tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty bad the cabin crew weren`t paid, and yet some still "bleat" on the Silverjet band wagon. The airline has gone! If it comes back it will be gone again. Check out Braniff in the US. That airline has had several reincarnations over the years.
Yes you flow to nice destinations, both over subscribed by the majors.
Yes Silverjet had a good customer relations with few complaints, but your market was a limited business/corporate people, and more the budget luxury leisure market, the type who are on a stag do, the big four O. etc. special trip of a life time. I always said it was the wrong product. Others have agreed and disagreed, but I stand by my first thoughts, wrong product. Should have been 2 class cabin. My area Herts Beds Bucks fairly affluent area, know people who went to NY. Firstly most not heard of SJ, and then said a £1000 return fare for a weekend away was bit pricey and opted for VS BA economy or Premium economy.
For those who still hold Silverjet close to your hearts, please let it go. There are other airlines out there, true you may not get your long haul, but if you want to be cabin crew you have to take whats around. Besides at the end of the day we have to pay your bills.