PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Four Donk Plane with two out
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 12:50
Taxi2parking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friend of mine was giving a check ride to one of our 'old and bold' Standards guys on the C-130 sim. He said that this guy was so bloody good that having he though he'd try a double EFATO, with both engines on one side, just after rotate. This didn't even cause him to break into a sweat so he failed another one...he still couldn't make him crash - don't think they even publish a Vmca for that one...

Poor old 411A, in all you're stories an experienced Captain always saves the day whilst battling against incompetent F/Os and F/Es. Still it's always a happy ending with the unfortunate individual or individuals being chewed out or sent home. After of course being put right by their more experienced four striped betters......Strange though because so many of the F/Os and F/Es I've flown with have proved to be excellent operators who do much to enhance the safety of the flight. Then again I suppose if you train people well, have high expectations and place trust in them they are less likely to disappoint. Maybe all these companies you work for should try that.....