PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 12:11
hailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A sad and unwelcome dose of reality?

I have followed this thread with increasing sadness and sympathy since the first post because of previous knowledge of the Alpha Aviation share holders.

I am at the other end of the career spectrum from the cadets caught in the jet blast of this debacle but may I offer you all a bit of unsolicited advise?

It may be that compensation is paid in time but I doubt it. The priority for all of you who have been fleeced is to get on with your aviation career. Sure, you start with an unwarranted and unwelcome debt unless you have rich parents, but in the great scheme of things viewed from many years ahead the success of your aviation career may depend on you putting this shambles behind you.

You are not the first to suffer loss at the hands of unscrupulous training providers and daresay you will not be the last. If you allow it to take over your life you will not progress.

If you can raise the money, throw this away whilst the market is still somewhat buoyant in this region and get yourself a license.

You have my utmost sympathy - I wish you all god luck. For what it is worth I know few people who have reached the heights of professional pilot careers who have not suffered some set backs on the way.

Justice has nothing to do with it - determination has. And - forget the racial rants; this is not a racial prejudice issue. Every country has its share of unscrupulous business men.