PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA Rosters -
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 07:45
QFQCCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the FAAA member has a point that asked questions of the way rosters are being built. How are QCCA crew able to achieve SFO trips when Qantas long haul crew are not able to achieve these trips through their bidding? There were some quite heated exchanges on my most recent trip in regard to this issue.

Over the last month I have settled in to QCCA and settled DOWN and now I am starting to see things from both sides. The QCCA crew on my trip were discussing rosters with QLH crew and the QLH crew on the trip were quite junior and they were SHOCKED at the trips the QCCA crew were able to achieve when they were not able to achieve those trips so how is that possible?

I would be very disappointed and would think twice before I ever requested information from the FAAA for fear I would be torn to shreds through notices when the writer in my opinion has a very valid point.

It is true there is an element within both divisions being QLH and QCCA (and they are two seperate divisions despite what the company and the FAAA would like you to believe) that treat each other in a very hostile way, and I have never been more concerned about the culture of being reported whereas I was lead to believe that culture didnt exist within long haul.

In terms of my roster I am happy, however having said im not looking forward to one trip which is traditionally a very senior one and caused quite a bit of angst amoung the QLH crew on my last trip due to the fact none of them have ever been able to get one so how did I? Who knows.