PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1989- Pilots dispute 19 years on
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 07:42
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sincerely hope none of you blokes EVER have to go thru such a thing again. Imagine landing in CBR and being told to get off the A/C and have it locked up. Imagine having to drive back to MEL with the F/O not knowing what the F$#K. Imagine standing in front of your young family (aged 10 to 2 months) with the sweat running down your back as it suddenly hits you, you are no longer employed, imagine if you were like me, joining the airlines aged 19 and knew nothing else, imagine working as a brickies aid like I did so I could pay the bills, ( at least I got fit and learnt some Italian) imagine having to say goodbye to family, friends and pets, imagine having to take your old labrador dog to be put down, because she was to old to go to anyone else, (and she thought she was going for a trip in the car) we cried for a week. Imagine packing up your family, saying goodbye to much loved grandparents, (one we never saw again) imagine your kids crying as they said goodbye to their school and friends, imagine lying in bed and wishing you could put a nice clean bullet right between the eyes of two people, (unnamed) You can guess. I still get a gut contraction everytime I see or hear one of them, How the hell did the bloke sleep at night? How would you like to hear about mates that topped themselves, mates that ended up alcoholics, marriage breakups, and the battle between scabs and those that were not. No, whatever the politics of it all, the human pain and suffering was off the clock. I hope it NEVER happens again to any one of you. You would have all met one of them, you cannot miss them, blokes with years of experience, flying around as second officers, blokes who would have more hours than the skipper, blokes whose lives were absolutely buggered. Don't ever let it happen again I repeat, stick together, be realistic, support one another, stand united, and think of the big picture, and don't ever let the bastards destroy you.