PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 4th Jun 2008, 23:52
Laboratoryqueen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stepped out of this for a little while, for a few reasons, some is way over my head with techie terms, sat and watched for a while but mainly because I had a few days away, up at ISK.

One thing which I failed to see on here is the idea that while the fleet has continued to fly a massive amount of checks have been performed on the fleet since the accident and again since the inquest, also throughout the time between.

I'm sure, okay scratch that, I know, there are a lot of checks being made to attempt to identify possible faults and to remedy those faults. That while it may be perceived as a risk to continue to fly, the attitude at ISK is anything but irresponsible to the crews safety, a great deal of measures have been put in place.

Had it not been for the loss of 230, the majority of these potential flaws and even obvious design flaws, would not have come to light. The Nimrod is probably the safest now than it has ever been as it is constantly being checked and double checked.

As simple as this may sound the majority of documents which are quoted, past investigations which have taken place, majority of the techie nature means nothing to me compared to the fact that the fleet is being scrutinised and examined with the intention of keeping her crews safe to fly.

To those at Kinloss, I'm proud of you xx