PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 4th Jun 2008, 23:40
Jetstream-Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commuting and Opportunities

Hi, I asked this very question at interview recently. It seems that commuting is not an issue, as long as you are at work on time and well-rested. For standby duties, looks like a lot of V Australia crew who are commuting will just get cheap accommodation / share. I am hoping that the standby duties will be a standby 'block' that will only 'roll' around about once every 3 months...,I vaguely remembering someone in the group asking this at the VRD.

As for pay, well I think V Australia pay is not too bad. 37.5 K base plus super plus allowances and base pay, increasing to 40K after 1 year service. Not only that, you have to remember that with that sort of flying, you are only going to be doing about 4 trips per month once you take time off down route and home into consideration. So, going to work 4 times a month for about 54 k plus super, plus bonus doesnt seem too bad. Beats doing 6 days on , 2 off and so forth in shorthaul. Ok its not quite as much as QF initially...,but you get to advance very quickly within the ranks....,some people here are quoting the QF supervisor pay....,don't forget how many years it will take you to get there at QF...,at least at V Australia, you have a chance to be a supervisor within a year or two.

Last edited by Jetstream-Surfer; 4th Jun 2008 at 23:43. Reason: Spelling errors