PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £2bn Black Hole
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 20:43
Op_Twenty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olderbloke, sorry to link you in with Latearmlive as I thought you had a good point.

Why does the GR4 need to be in block 2 exactly? - check your theatre manpad threat. Speak to guys that have flown from Tuscon, Arizona in the summer, tooled up with ordinance, about the GR4 hot & high capabilities - oh, that would be me then. Name a better CAS platform that we own, still thinking eh? And if you are thinking Typhoon you're living in cloud cookoo.

Older bloke, I know where the staish is, I know he had to do it and I understand why. He is a very talented guy and there was pressure from above, but thanks for the info anyway.

The GR4 is no longer a GR1, so if you've been out of service for a while, pick up a copy of Jane's or search for info on the upgrade programme especially recent event. It is the most capable platform we have for CAS , and yes, that includes the navs (wso's) who are truly instrumental in the devastating effect this airplane can have.

Incidently chaps, I'm an ex-GR4 pilot so I guess I am a little pro.

Don't want to offend guys, banter aside, I do respect both of your opinions and glad that you have contributed to this discussion.