PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD Chinook HC3s finally seeing some use...
Old 4th Jun 2008, 18:04
SARREMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Squirrels - about time some one put the story straight!

Screw Loose - the point your missing is that these 8 are like NO other Wokka monster. Someone added bits and when they tested it, QinetiQ spotted the error - I think? This is 47th hand info though! As 2 Squirrels says, to fly them they then put in some sensible limitations to make sure no one was unduly exposed to a hazard - and I have no idea how likely it was to occur [I'm guessing pretty likely 'cause they been sat on the ground for a considerable time!]

Perhaps a better analogy is driving along the motorway and there is a likely hood that the steering wheel might come off - and they cant see how to put a fix in place [bolt] cause this particular machine has a completely different wheel and the standard bolt system wont work. Mr DVLA [driving license people] says Ok, only drive at 5 mph in the dry on non public roads until you fix it - that way you the driver will be able to stop the car if it does come off and, you wont be a potential danger to the public.

Simple really! Clearly we need to fix bigger steering wheels to the Chinook with massive bolts!