PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We're all *****d!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 16:24
PPRuNeUser0172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some good points raised on this thread, and I have to agree with the title of the thread, although I am not a wannabee.

I read today that Ryanair are grounding 10% of their fleet this year, what will happen to the surplus crews? I hear that Ryanairs Ts and Cs are aggressive at the best of times let alone when the chips are down.

From what I see in the mil, the last few years have been a boom period for guys leaving with 2000hrs TT and pretty much beating away the job offers, not at the moment. Guys are still getting jobs on the whole, but having to look harder for them.

Whoever it was that said the RAF is desparate, really is desparate. We aint. When the airlines stop recruiting, people stay in the mob.

I feel that only the strongest will survive the "credit crunch", yes cheap air travel is great but disposable income is falling faster than Silverjet shares and coupled to higher fares due to oil, it is a situation which only get a lot worse very quickly.

I do think that EZY and Ryan will be ok as they have ridiculous low operating costs compared to other legacy carriers, the latter I feel will have to make some significant cost saving measures to weather the storm.

Supply and demand basically. The levels of supply we have seen over the last 5-10 yrs are currently greater than demand and this situation I feel will only get worse.

What does this mean for those who are just starting out?? Pretty much what WWW has been saying. If you can get out I would................