PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACA aircraft crashed in Honduras
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 14:58
RWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scarebus03
Again we have arrived at bashing one manufacturer over the other.
I don't see a problem there, scarebus03? Both companies are commercial entities, and they are in competition with each other. Boeing is largely sticking to 'traditional' design principles, Airbus has opted for radical change in the whole area of flying controls.

Surely, since all of us are consumers, we are as free to exercise choice as we are in any other service field? Even more so since we are all aviation enthusiasts, and most of us are pilots or ex-pilots of one sort of another?

I don't happen to like the idea of Airbuses - the design differences are too radical for my taste. So far I have managed to avoid them when booking flights, and I advise my (grown-up) sons and daughter to do the same.

Isn't that my (and their, if they choose to accept my advice?) choice as consumers? If only because we're paying a ****load of dollars to fly in the things?

Certainly, in face of two serious landing accidents within a year (and one 'incident,' Hamburg, which came close to being the most serious accident of the lot, namely a 'cartwheel') I'm in no sort of hurry ever to set foot on an A320.