PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Law to ban Airline Bonds!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2001, 03:45
tilii

Birdstrike

Yes, it was a thread that I started. I did so coz I thought this one was dead. However, after I closed it, I then inserted its text into this thread which you will find about 2/3 down page 3 hereof (posted at 1853hrs).

It is, I think, an interesting argument and the post is largely a barrister's view on the subject. In fact it is from the 'good lawyer' that airline manager Minogue above counselled that my friend should have in order "to give himself a chance".

Incidentally Minogue, the case is well served by 'good' solicitors and this 'good' barrister and is fully funded by the Legal Services Commission. It is the barrister's stated opinion that the case is not only of importance to the pilot but is of wide public interest with regard to airline safety (it's not simply about bonding, though it is a classic case of an employer attempting to use a bonding agreement to force an employee to do its bidding - I think the legal term is 'application of economic duress').

When it's all over, it might be interesting to post the result on PPRuNe provided, of course, that the moderators would have no objection. Trial date not yet set but methinks it will be a goodly battle.

[This message has been edited by tilii (edited 31 May 2001).]