PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACA aircraft crashed in Honduras
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 13:17
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

The Airbus bashers are out in force again.

Strongresolve has already done the AIB work and decided that it is the same cause as the other A320 accidents.

Why can't all the Monday morning quarter backs just shut the **** up until we hear from the AIB.

Bubbers44 - we airbus pilots don't have a delay before selecting the reversers, the call is to confirm they have deployed automatically. If I remember correctly thats what happened on the 757 as well, when they were armed - so they did go through a logic! The call is normally "spoilers - REV green - decel".

As for
Taking an aircraft in an attempt to save a disaster is a lot easier if you saw the last input that put that aircraft in that situation and how much input was used. My flight instructor instinct would get me through fixing a Boeing upset, don't know about fixing a situation that up to my taking over have no clue what his last inputs were.
Surely with your superior skills, as a pilot, you would know instinctively what input to put in order to control the aircraft, you surely do not need to know what inputs were made before. Plus if the situation was that dire close to the ground a GA is the only option!! Saving "pink bottom" over "pride" any day.