PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TACA aircraft crashed in Honduras
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 12:56
Strongresolve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk

Please, read again the begining of the line of my post.

It said:

Fatal accidents by 1 million departures, not faltal hull rate

And another thing, you posted hull rate loss, not fatal hull rate loss.

The correct number for fatal hull rate loss for the A320 0,37.

And I picked fatal accidents per million departures, because de B737 fleet is bigger and does more flights than the A320 fleet, so is normal to expect a higher rate in the big numbers.
Faltal accidents per million departures is more objetive.

But again we are trying to compare an almost 40 year old 2º generation aircraft with a 4º generation aircraft. Why you dont compare it with the B737NG or the B717?

And the thing that most worry me about, is that most A320 accidents are due piloting errors or man-machine misunderstood comunications, not technical failures.

Ok, we have to open our minds, as the bus lovers say, we dont know the plane enough and we need to study it more, but this thing have been flying for 20 years, and do you think that it´s normal that we be still here talking about the same problem time after time.
It is a 4º generation high tech plane. We are having the same discursion since 15 years ago, and the problem is still here. Most pilots should get used to the A320, but the thruth is that they dont get used, and they are acussed of lack of knowledge of the plane.
Probably in 10 years we will be talking about the same, if the craft is not made for the man the problem will prevail.