PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We're all *****d!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 12:55
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 224 Likes on 86 Posts
The guys coming in paying for type rating and 150hrs line training are, in total, 10. They are all connected to an African airline. As far as I can see EZY are just making a bit of pocket money by using their spare training capacity now that recruitment has come to a shuddering halt.

It would not be appropriate for me to say anything more than is already in the public domain.

Just do give full weight to the fact that it is YOU that bears ALL the financial risk for your CTC training scheme. Nobody seems to know what happens if, for some reason, there are no jobs at the end of the scheme. I don't. If I were on the scheme or applying for it I think I'd try to find out. For several years now getting onto the CTC scheme meant that you had cracked it - an airline job was yours. It might be wise, just wise, to no longer think you've cracked it just because CTC have accepted you.

I spent many happy hours training Aer Lingus cadets who were fully sponsored but come Sept11th were chopped from line training at which point the company had spent over £100k on them. But they were gone by Nov2001 and scattered to the four winds.

Airlines are brutal - when they dump you they dump you. Training providers will be no different except HSBC will hunt you to the ends of the earth and take your firstborn. Unless you go bankrupt.