PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 12:16
Asdrius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Interesting information in this thread. I live in JAA member state and have problems with medical licence renewal. Maybe someone could answer some of my questions.

In real life I have no problems at all, and see all the colors just fine. The only time I don't see something is when I look at those Ishiara plates.
Several years ago I decided to go for class 2, made Ishiara test with some mistakes and was given Class 2 with daylight restrictions. Started flying for fun and enjoyed it very much.
Now when renewing my licence I had to do Ishiara again, and this time I did more mistakes, and the doctor doesnt want to renew my Class 2 as he says now I am color unsafe, even for flying in daylight

I am confused how can that be? Colour vision does not change with age, I am still of young age and had no illness'es recently.
Now I read here, that if you pass once you don't have to do it anymore. So maybe this second test was illegal? But I read JAR-FCL3 manual, that colour vision tests must be done on class 2 renewals if there are "indications". What are those indications?