PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to JQ Command
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 05:46
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Condition Lever,

No need to be dumbfounded. I'm not considering a J* position as I'm quite happily ensconced in command training at the moment. I still believe that J* T&C aren't what they should be....about 20% under done I reckon. Possibly more when you consider the 'add ons'.

However, I'm not naive enough to say that just because I think the conditions are under done and that people shouldn't go that there will be others who make the decision that it's the right move for them. These people may be (say) be a seven year (or thereabouts) F/O in QF who would like to take the opportunity to take the command for the same money- and possibly marginally more with the supposedly flash EBA recently signed.

Do I think they're being short sighted in terms of 'solving' J*'s problems re terms and conditions? Yes. Would I stand in their way? No.

To be clear, I don't know personally of any crew. I do know from talking to my AIPA reps that 'a number' of crew have expressed an interest. Am I being hypocritical? Up to you to judge.