PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry into CASA.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 01:48
Air Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was Joh that once said: "Never hold an inquiry unless you first know the outcome." It was also his last (Fitzgerald) inquiry that got him.

I too noticed a few "controls and restrictions" in the Terms of Reference which may restrict the Committee's findings - particularly as the Minister's office appears to be members of the CASA Fan Club - however, the terms of reference are also broad enough to ensure they will consider and publish all reasonable submissions.

I am an advocate of a firm, strong, open and accountable aviation regulator. Fortunately, I've been around long enough to remember the last one - called DCA!

The concern is that if the Senate Committee accepted this gobble gook......
Mr Byron—I anticipate we would start sending some of them from about the middle of this year. I do not see this delaying the overall program excessively. We have an action item to develop a plan to forward to the minister about when we plan to have them to the minister, and I assume that plan would be done in the next couple of months. I would be hopeful that it would not be long after early 2006 that most of the draft rules are delivered to the minister.
on February 14, 2005, they will accept anything?

I think Mr Byron was indicating that the draft CARs would be delivered to the Minister's office over two years ago?

Did Mr Byron intentionally mislead the Senate Committee?

Last edited by Air Ace; 4th Jun 2008 at 01:59.