PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilverJet (Merged 30/05)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 18:04
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weren't Flyjet actually making money at the time of their closure? The only real reasons for their shut down were that leases were due to expire on the two old birds - EA and EB and with prices in the market at the time for leasing newer 757 aircraft substantially high the company could not afford to lease alternates, hence the only option was to cease ops. I know they had quite a decent contract, both in Denmark and in the UK for charter flying and out of all the UK charter carriers, Flyjet always managed to pick up sub contract and ad-hoc work. Also read any of their flight reviews and their crews were very highly praised by passengers, though criticisms were made on reliability and on some occasions service in terms of IFE, seat pitch etc.

It is a shame for all at S'Jet, not just the ex flyjetters - it is never nice to see an airline fold. I wonder if any of the ex FJE staff/management have plans in the pipeline, I wouldn't be surprised and totally agree with the comments made earlier, that having met some fantastic ex FJE crew they'd return like a shot!

Now, back to the thread - apologies to all Silver people, hopefully with your reputation and experiences, somebody else will snap you up!!