PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We're all *****d!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 17:31
drivez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im not an expert so please correct me if im wrong but.

The far east is currently recruiting pilots i beleive and not just one or two. And apparently the pay is good.
Ryanair is recruiting upto 200 pilots everyyear some as cadets.
Easyjet as prior stated.

So i think what may happen is bad times in America, I think that alot of pilots will be short of work, and some of the "bigboys" will go under just like pan am etc.
Some of the experience in europe and America will shift to the far east toward sun and pay. Leaving a few jobs for the new people. ryanair and the sorts prices will rise but they will survive. Then in about 5-10 years or when we ge a change in government fuel prices will slow down and begin to fall. New airlines will pop up and we'll be back to hunky dorry. Then 10-15 years after that well be back to fuel shortages unless we develop something new. Fuel prices are climbing dramatically but the worlds oil hasn't halved and the world consumption hasn't doubled so somebody is screwing us all over and the tax. Hurry on hydrogen engines or whatever.

If you just want to see the world there is an advertisment up in my school for new officers on ships. Or you could join the RAF they're in desperate need of pilots.

Anyways difficult is just worth doing.