PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 08:16
777birdcage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AJV

The ORD base is a joke, and I posted here as such...

The 777F is based on the "Company Business Plan" emailed to those of us who actually work at AJV 3 weeks ago.

The ACMI will begin next year, so unless they planning to lease from Air France, it will not be 777s on lease but rather 747-400s which AJV mgt. is openly talking about...

This is the "Plan".. Might turn out to be Cessna Caravans based on Midway Atoll...

About the dead-heading..: Much of our flying starts and ends in Kansai, and we are NRT based so it often requires 3 bus rides and a short plane ride to get there.. It sucks, and they would like to base people in KIX, but that would probably suck more under the current offer of basically nil.

You give me way too much credit if you think I have the equipment or the know-how to post my roster.. he he he

This month, I have a 9 day US trip, 2 Asia turns with the first one starting in NRT and the second ending in NRT with a day off in KIX (No dead head) followed by an over night Shanghai turn ending in NRT (1 dead head) then off the rest of the month.. I think flying about 40 hours or something. I would assume most rosters are similar, but they can vary greatly if you have training events and so on..

Just go to the Jet Lag or the Barge when here.. Any time after 12 noon, you can't swing a dead cat without finding a AJV or AJX guy.. or just be real quite and listen for the bitching!! joking, well sort of....

PM me if you have more questions...

Go Sun Devils..!

Last edited by 777birdcage; 3rd Jun 2008 at 08:32.