PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankstown Base - its all good
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 04:45
GAGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Yep its rosy alright!!!

Outside looking In.

Ha Ha Ha..The Defence rests…..Ha Ha Ha. Why the defence you won the contract be gracious in victory.

If that diatribe you are spruking is your defence then they aren’t resting they have left the building. Now lets face it there is always going to be bad blood. But it certainly looks like the Vinnies boys have moved on. Contracts are won and lost all the time. Didn’t CHC lose the Woodside contract and what about the Adelaide contract. At least Careflight and Westpac lost to a global player.

Careflight and Westpac have procedures as well , you would be pretty dumb to think otherwise. Just because they are different doesn’t make them worse or better for that matter. The vinnies boys procedures allow them to be off the ground in 2-3 minutes.( I have heard that the ambo machine needs a calender to measure response times) From what I have heard some of the CHC boys tour to Sydney so they have to have procedures that cater for the crew that come in and don’t know Sydney. CHC can mitigate risk by proceduralising the operation. Sure it’s safe but it is definitely slower. Lets face it the Vinnies boys have been flying EMS in Sydney for years with the same crews so the local knowledge is right up there, they can do things quicker while still maintaining safety.

One job quicker….if you tallied all the jobs that Careflight and Westpac had arrived on scene prior to the Ambo machine it would be in the 20’s.Only one made the paper.

Better Crews..how do you justify this one? Do you find them more attractive (if so that’s ok but to slag off the other crews is not right)

The newest machines???? Careflight have a power ,last time looked this was fairly new.Just remember that if the Ambos had been paying the vinnies boys the same money as CHC then there would be no need for chook raffles and they would have kept the 412.The client got what it paid for. Besides that if the BK is so bad why are CHC buying 145’s.

Far better aircraft. The 412 EP is the latest evolution of the 412.Apart from minor upgrades the technology is as old as the Bk 117.Its like building a brand new EH Holden. The 139 will be on line in a matter of days, how many days 30, 60, 120, 365 how many days. Oh yeh how many days till the 145?Cause the client wants them!!!!!

Yep I agree that CHC could get the machines quicker than anyone else could, this is global buying power. You are stating the obvious. But I doubt it would be years.

Now if you were a government employee in charge of a $28 000 000 (that’s 28 million) a year contract, would you stand up and say you weren’t happy?(I am not saying CHC are doing badly ,but the yardstick you are using is somewhat tainted)The ambos have to be happy, to say that they are light years ahead is great, but CHC have to be, they are being paid 10 times as much(which is light years more money), to deliver a slower response time.(you know golden hour and all that)

Better maintained., the engineers at all these places are experienced operators. Again not sure how you justify this one. As stated above CHC have global buying power which enables them to have almost unlimited spares, yep acknowledged. But because you hold lots of spare does not mean better maintained.

Bone head union boys..is this the ambos? Is this how CHC treat their clients. Maybe it’s indicative of the CRM procedures CHC are using. ( I know it’s not, most of the crew at CHC are professionals)

Take a long hard look at yourself.

Yep the view is rosy all right.

Ha Ha Ha The Defence Rests Ha Ha Ha