PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job prospects for JAA fATPL in a far away land..
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 20:26
Leeds1972

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Job prospects for JAA fATPL in a far away land..

Right guys I'm jumping the gun a bit here. I'm currently studying for my PPL but intend on goin onto Atpl, CPL etc.

With the credit crunch and economic downturn, its increasingly worrying for us all finding a job as a pilot.
I've thought many times about just packing it all in, as its my life savings im planning on spending, following my dream.
Yet i've already got a trade and no real chance of going any higher in a job that I really dont enjoy. This is my last chance in following my dream.

I feel no matter what some people say on here that the economic cycle will always go full circle and one day pilots will be in demand and everything will be rosy once again.

So here is my long winded question, if once qualified (long time away, i know) whats the chances of gaining employment in one of the up and coming countries ie Africa, China, India etc.. I feel this maybe the only way for me to follow my dream and become a pilot without gaining a type rating or goin the integrated route. I dont care if im flying donkeys over the sahara of or Bandi toys out of China in an old prop.

All honest advice welcome and greatly appreciated..

Last edited by Leeds1972; 2nd Jun 2008 at 20:42.