PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you busy?
Thread: Are you busy?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 17:40
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hughes500. You saying all of your customers pay in cash? I must have taken payment for 00's of trial lesons/lessons etc and I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I took cash.

You say 1. Reduces invoices and trips to bank, which costs.
well, I dont get this one. Trips to the bank? using credit cards?

2. prevents having to chase money ( there are a lot of dreamers out there) and having to wait 30 plus days to be paid
Can't people agree to pay at the end of each day like many schools? say keep a small amount of credit or something like many schools

3. Shows comittment both ways
Come off it. If you're a professional outfit then i'd expect a certain level of service if I was a customer.

Sorry but my argument still stands. H500, If you run a successful school/flying company then great. I admire you for your ability to survive in these testing times, when a lot of companies think it's easier to close their doors owing money.
My view has always has been NEVER PAY A SCHOOL UPFRONT. Do so at your own cost!!! Seen too many people ripped off when the school goes under.
Everyone who is paying for training should be intelligent enough to make a reasoned decision given the facts before them.

Just thought i'd add, when I say dont pay upfront, I mean for the whole course, ie a whole PPL or CPL or FI course.
Obviously a couple of hours credit is not an issue. Hope that helps clear that one up.