PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair To Sue French Union For Unlawful Strike In Carcassonne
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 17:32
Dick Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was there on Sunday awaiting an East Midlands departure when (from what I could tell) virtually every worker stopped work. Security closed down, check in desks were left empty and the staff gathered outside the terminal. Hastily scribbled strike posters read "Low fares, Low costs, Low wages".

Those of us travelling to EMA however were lucky. We were delayed two hours while our inbound flight diverted to Perpignan, dropped off the passengers, refuelled and came back to CCF to pick us up. A Dublin flight (diverted to Perpignan while on approach) was simply cancelled, with passengers instructed to ring Ryanair's Reservation Centre after 9am on the 26th May. If it was possible to collect the EMA SLF, why couldn't Ryanair have done it for the other flights that day?

When we finally made it through security, another scribbled sign had been affixed to one of the walls which read, "All staff on strike but forced to work", although the number of staff controlling boarding (usually 2 plus a cabin attendant) was reduced to just the cabin attendant - who really didn't have a clue!

Most of the folks I talked to during the enforced wait just shrugged their shoulders in true Gallic fashion at the slight delay!