PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PZL Swidnik SW 4
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 16:32
Capt JB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pzl Sw-4

Hi,

I have never flown the SW-4. But this has to be said
- it is a designed after the AS350, but it is not a copy of it.
- the three blades have all the advantages but eat space in hangar
- the engine is an Allison, good engine as long as you don't want to work with, I mean, as long as your helicopter is for personal use. Turbomeca engines are far better for job purpose.
There are no comparison - except number of seats, range, payload between all helicopters cited in the reply (R66, EC120, Bell 206)
In the quatuor (including the SW-4 to the three above mentioned), I would select the EC 120.
Of course, the initial investment, is higher but it pays on long term, well known aircraft, 5 real seats (cabin could stand six) big luggage compartment, anti-crash seats (not an option) very friendly to pilot and excellent visibility for pax. Better performances (hot and high) than all others, and versatile.
Bell 206, according to Bell the order book is full until 2010 when they will stop production. Why to buy an aircraft near to its end, Bell says they will keep on support for existing customers.. For how long..??
R66 not certificated yet, but will be a good product, but missing a lot of versatility - Don't we need versatility in company ?
Schweizer 434 not certificated yet, but should be a good and dependable product like the H300C
Enstrom 480, was a design made for military training competition 10 years ago.. then turned to civil version , certainly good product (I've not experience on it) but missing versatility too.
SW-4 is a new design, with no background experience, only 24 aircraft manufactured, I would let it mature a little more.
In the hope this help

with regards