PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cwmbran ATC College
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 15:33
classicwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EastCoaster

Thanks for your info concerning the domestic side of the college facilities/ arrangements. As I am not local to the South Wales area coming from Cambs this is very useful for me to know before reaching into my pocket for my cheque book.......

More of interest to me at the moment before making my decision to attend the college however are the prospects of finding suitable employment on completion of the course. As I am not currently an Assistant working at an aerodrome I will be approaching (non- NATS) ATC units to commence on the job training from fresh - hopefully armed with a student ATCO licence. I am just wondering if the staff at Cwmbran College are good at advising you on suitable opportunities/openings at regional aerodromes/airports or is this something they expect you to pursue yourself?

Did you have an ATC background prior to attending the college or did you come into the profession new yourself? Also I am aware that they hold Aptitude testing days which are around the £350 mark to attend. I'm led to believe this is a highly recommended exercise to undertake if you have little or no ATC experience, and it also gives you a chance to have a look round the college facilities. Did you attend this test day?

Thanx again,

Classic Wings.