PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BD705 MAN-ORD Going with Cargo Hold Panels missing
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 14:16
DeltaIndiaSierraPapa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I find so 'funny' is the OPs original intentions and motives. Also the fact that he is blatantly a liar. First of all this was posted in the Rumours section. in my opinion to stir up ****. Anybody who posts here or reads this site on a regular basis KNOWS that the media monitors this site, AND, that they rarely stray out of the Rumours section. Posting a pic like that I am surprised we did not see a 3 inch headline on one of the Red Tops saying something like:

"BMI RISKS PASSENGERS LIVES ON A FALLING APART A347 BOEING BUS!!"

Furthermore, he (the OP) gets rightfully slated in my opinion. He makes a blanket statement about the ground staff

No-one seemed to be bothered...in-fact the ground crew...you know the ones that are meant to be there for the safety of the aircraft but where actually just chatting and starting at me and them being amused that I am a plane spotter
I got news for you bud. Those ground staff are there for either loading bags, catering, pushback etc... And the 'security' personell are there to pat everyone down and check ID's. They do NOT have safety knowledge of the aircraft or it's systems. THAT is what engineers, pilots and dispatchers are for. Sure, safety is everyones responsibility, but I can say AS a dispatcher (not for bmi mind you) that the only people that actually SIGN OFF a flight and thereby hold legal liability are the Captain, the Dispatcher and the Engineer.

He (the OP) then goes on an claims he is studying for his ATPL and threatens us with going to the media...

You know what Poster number 2...I was a carefull person asking in this forum...I am studying my ATPL you "prat" and for your remark I am now emailing all news companies
Then he decides NOT to go to the media

It's prats like post no.2 that caused all the past crashes! a fear of reporting something out of feeling you will get torn apart!
Which crashes EXACTLY? Stir it Mate, Stir it up...

I'm not telling the papers...i would never do that...
But you just said you were emailing all the news companies!

Oh and BTW I worked in the BA terminal and have the utmost respect for BMI...
It hasn't been the "BA Terminal" in over 2 years. It is simply Terminal 3.

The only reason I wanted someone in ORD to take a pic was out of curiosity and to get your view after seeing the other pics...it's not BMI I was trying to do anything with...it was the contracted out ground crew...
What's your beef with Aviance, OCS, Alpha, Omniserve et al? Why do you have a problem with THEM? None of them sign off the aircraft. THAT goes down to bmi and bmi ALONE.

I have worked for many companies in the airport and for the same airline I have seen different companies be slack in a lot of things...not bmi but in general...
Huh?

Thanks for those last few replies aswell ...I used to think pilots did walkarounds...
They do. Always. An engineer might do one as well on arrival and the pushback team leader MUST do one prior to push back, either the Captain or FO ALWAYS do a walk around.

but since I remember that flightplans in most companies are done by dispatchers I thought maybe pilots dont always do the walkarounds...I didnt mean to say engineers...I meant just that there was only security guys and that all I thought I saw there and just a tug....
You say you worked for many different companies in the airport (couldn't stick with one huh?), which ones? Boots? The Food Court? Clearly not for an airline or handling agent because you clearly dont have a clue who does what on a turnaround....

I'll listen to the intelligent pilots who can view ither people's points of view thanks...there's a reason why pilots and cabin crew are who they are! it's because they have passed competency tests and have shown their good natured personality that is able to reason with people in a just way...
So by your reasoning Dispatchers and engineers dont have a clue about anything operationally as they have not taken these same competency tests. Next time I spot a hydraulic leak I will go get the trolley dolley. She will know what to do. What would I know? I havent taken their competency tests!

Thanks...Sorry I am not an ATPL'er...I just got annoyed at his Pre-judging that I am nothing just because I happen to enjoy watching a few planes at the airport every now and then...
I'm a PPL'er though...
Oh, but I thought you said you were studying your ATPL. So you are able to tool around in a Cessna (WHich I doubt as well) and tell LIES. FANTASTIC!!

I did know they do walkarounds but like i said before companies seem to have taken flight planning away from pilots and now the dispatcher does it...and I thought maybe they dont do a walk around at least on this occasion.
I dont know of any companies where the pilots do their own flight planning. That is the job of Ops and Dispatch. Sure the pilots can review them, and ask for deviations, but pilots fly planes. Ops and dispatch flight plan and do weight and balance so the pilots CAN fly their planes. We all have our roles.

Firstly I didnt think engineers or dispatchers would have seen it as I thought maybe they dont see that side of the plane...I only thought there would just be baggage handlers and a security guy that would have seen it..
****. There's a RIGHT hand side of the plane? I never knew.... Is there a wing and an engine over there as well? I always wondered where they hid that second engine!

Now look. I don't have a problem with someone askinga legitimate question. I am always too glad to help where my knowledge base allows me to do so. That said, this poster was insulting, childish, threatening and a LIAR! That, I cant stand for...