PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Business Jets
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 14:14
fearofflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They always said they would be loss making for at least 3 years

How long was Netjets losing money! I would also point to some very relevant points in the last interim results in which they said are meeting their sales targets and the pretax loss, albeit fractionally, actually narrowed. This was also "While the turnover stated is below that of the comparative period, this is misleading in so far as it reflects the timing of the transfer of aircraft to the owners of fractional shares rather than the underlying sale of fractions themselves". The results were also affected it seems by "operational reasons, primarily a requirement to charter aircraft as a result of increased sales rather than flying clients in owned aircraft"

I also noted that they continue to expand the fleet and from looking at the new EBJ website they are now offering CJ1s, CJ2s and now the XLS both on fractionals and hours at prices which are below Netjets and Air Partner. I also noted in the last results they quoted "remain optimistic about the future demand for our range of products, and with
fractional sales, card sales and revenue from managed aircraft improving we look to the future with increasing confidence"

I have also noted some major shareholders increasing their stakes so I suspect they are happy with the progress and happy to support them.