PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Marketing Scam Alert!!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 13:20
geordiejet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas – if you judge someone on their upbringing, and think that someone who doesn’t come from such a privileged background as you, then afraid you really will struggle to be a pilot.

I try to stay away from directing things are individuals on here, but your comments and attitude has left me a bit speechless.

Now, I’m pretty sure that being from your background, you will be off on a shiny integrated course as soon as you turn 18. A very scary thought if you ask me. You need to grow up. And I don’t think the time between now, and hitting 18 is enough.

What happens when you get a job – and in comes a captain, with his sausage and egg Subway (good Lord – with brown sauce on – how common)? Clearly not of your calibre? What are you going to do?

Or God forbid you ever make it to captain. What happens now? Are you going to write off everything he says off? Are you going to cause the next Staines/Tenerife?

Now – I don’t think your narrow mindedness ends at people’s class. I bet you are a complete racist and a bigot. You are exactly what we DON’T need in the air, and I pity the poor guys who fly with you, including your instructors!

You have very deep seated, archaic attitudes towards those not born with silver spoons up their ass and anyone who doesn’t have it as sweet as you.

Some of my favourites:

The more i read this site the more i regret having come on here and the more i hope that the aviation world is not full of people like this. I may be only 17.

Mate – we all think the same – just with you. Unfortunately there are a few people in aviation like you.

But my father and I are incredulous at the childishness on display on this site.

Yes - but he probably has the same stuck up attitudes that you have – most likely where you got yours from.

When I fly it will be for fun, not for money.

Good – because there is very little money in it. Unless you hit it lucky. And you are sorted for life – you won’t have to work for anything. Or take responsibility for anything.

And I’m sure you will not like me – I come from a Council Estate – and I was brought up in, and still live in a Council house. And I’m a Northerner!

But, instead of sitting at home, moaning on here, I got off my ass, and I did something about it. I’m 100% self sponsored, highly motivated, and I promise you – I’m many times more of a pilot than you could ever dream of. Because I see a person as a person, not status symbols.

But then again, what does that matter? You already decided I shouldn’t be trusted at the controls as soon as I opened my mouth, and spoke with a regional accent.

Aviation really is a small industry, and your name I’m sure will become legendary – like A320 rider. But even he wasn’t so stupid as to use his name!