PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dare to fly in the HK skies with our future genius air traffic controllers?
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 10:37
RX-78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atmd cad, i know how you feel when working beside the two ladies in the tower... but luckily i seldom work with them due to team roster...

i believe the main problem for the new hires is their attitude towards the job. they may be bright, but you just can't be a good atc if you don't respect your job. when i first worked as an assistant in the tower, i paid so much attention coz you never knew when the controller would yell an instruction to you, and you have to pick that up. but guess what is it now? the assistants are busy chatting ALL THE TIME, and they are too BUSY (or LAZY) to regularly deliver the I/B strips to the GMC that they now put the strips (more that 20 in total) all over the GMC position. i wonder who the had started this practice which i never did as a tower assistant. one fact, you now just can't trust the assistants who, most of them, will be talking to aircraft in the tower in 3 years time... (if they are lucky enough to complete the OJT)

no wonder our service standard drops...