PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 08:40
Vulcan 903

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes sure. You know if you are passing Bruntingthorpe on a Sunday you can go in and see 558, and ask as many questions as you like - I did!

They have a lovely refurbished main U/C leg coming back from the OEM, and yes, you jack the a/c up and swap it over. Conduct some tests and it's business as usual. I hope we have a viewer who could detail a bit more a leg replacment? Smiler...... please?

Everything on this aircraft like all the others have a end of life date, and this work along with engine drops will all be scheduled in. What dictates, is in the operating manual which I do not see.

Spares are good generally and anything on the aircraft can be replaced with a refurbished/boxed brand new spare. From memory the Trust has options on using internal parts from other museum Vulcan's but it's a like for like swap otherwise the Museum & Galleries Commission frown on it and may not award future grants to museum Vulcan's unless they are complete as de commissioned Vulcan's.

Future servicing etc will be reported in the Club's magazine - in my opinion just don't donate, get something back for your hard earned cash. Join the supporters club and get the newsletters/magazines etc.
Smiler provides a detailed engineering report monthly for the entire world to read. I'm sure we will get an excellent report on the leg change.